Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Food Food Food Food

Food Food Food Food, everyone loves to eat Food! What to eat when I am camping? Well we have our classics of hotdogs, s’mores, sandwiches, pancakes, oatmeal, and water. Three months is about ninety days. I am pretty sure I can’t do hotdogs for 90 days straight. Ohh! I just remembered Mac & Cheese. Yum...Mac & Cheese with chopped up hotdogs! Yikes! (And don’t get me started on frank and beans)

The nice thing about the summer is all the yummy stuff you can get locally, such as sweet corn, lettuce, tomatoes, chives (I have a soft spot for chives), and green beans. Biking from town almost every day, I can get around the need for refrigeration by buying fresh stuff that I only need that day. I can occasionally stock up on canned stuff and things that don’t need to be refrigeration, such as cereal, peanut butter, oatmeal, and other stuff. Ohh patatos! Wait, no butter :(

Mmm, oatmeal. I have two favorites, apple cinnamon and maple brown sugar. I’m big, I like food, so I always make breakfast using one pack of each. put each packet into a bowl, add some chocolate chips or coco powder, maybe some brown sugar, and nice and thick but not too thick.

There are of course things I am going to miss. No more ice cream, microwaveable sweet and sour chicken, little smokies, hamburgers, sloppy joes, even salad dressing I think.

Something to note here, I think hamburgers are easily doable, but I have a little worry about cooking meat that I won’t cook it enough and get sick. What is worse is those of you who know me will think that is weird since I love eating cookie dough and going barefoot.

One thing I know I can do when I have time are tinfoil packets. Onions, Italian Sausage, pepperoni, peppers, and Italian dressing. It would be really great to make a few at a time and keep them in the refrigerator, but I won’t have one.

Or maybe I will...

From the guy with his eye on the sky, Travis...the camping lifeguard

No comments:

Post a Comment